Today is National Peanut Butter Day, and it’s also National Compliment Day!
I have to say, I never have enough peanut butter, and I don’t think anyone could get too many compliments. Well… you can… as long as they don’t go to your head too much!
My uses for peanut butter are endless, really. This photo shows one very decadent cookie I make… it’s a peanut butter cookie that you bake in a mini muffin pan, then as soon as you take the cookies out of the oven you smoosh a miniature peanut butter cup in the middle. They have about a trillion calories, but they’re gooood! Other treats my family likes are peanut butter fudge, chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies, banana peanut butter smoothies, and I myself love to eat super-chunky peanut butter straight out of the jar!
Then of course there’s the world’s most perfect food – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I can remember in the late 1960s, my friend Lois and I would each take a dollar and buy Reese’s, then eat them all. I think we got 10 for a dollar. And hey… back then we went outside and played ALL the time. We could eat pretty much whatever we wanted and there weren’t any fat kids! Well, not very many.
Miya says I’m grumpy because I hate snow. I don’t hate it… I just don’t like it! I think January has to be the grumpiest month of the year. Maybe since it’s National Compliment Day I should have thought of good things about snow. Trouble is, I just can’t think of any!
- honoring the peanut butter. (parwatisingari.wordpress.com)
- Kids In The Kitchen: Peanut Butter Brownies (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free) (tastyeatsathome.wordpress.com)
- GoodGuide’s Peanut Butter Ratings: Which Brands Are Best and Worst? (walletpop.com)
- An Unhealthy Obsession – With Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (tasteofwonderland.wordpress.com)
- “Wicked Good Peanut Butter Spice Cookies” and related posts (thepioneerwoman.com)